February 5, 2009

Too Cold to Live

I've realized that since early December, it's been too cold to live. In that time, I've successfully moved addresses. I've been given new tasks at work and had those same tasks taken away from me. Aside from those life changes, I haven't really lived all winter. It's too damn cold. It's too cold to want to get up early and start my day. Due to the cold, I fear taking showers. I take them every other day and then even less if a weekend falls in my favor. I get up and ready for work before the sun comes up, and I leave work at night after the sun has gone down.

I rarely get to sense the warmth of the sun on my face. Doctors will state that the seasons play a big part on our moods. Many people suffer from depression in the winter. Many people, like me, need to see the sun to feel alive. I want the temperatures to rise up already. I'm not even asking for Spring. I just want warmth. -5 degrees isn't enough for me. I want at least 40 degrees during the day.

Until the temperature rises, I'm going to continue to come home from work, change into warm sweats or flannel, and curl up on the couch with a nice, warm blanket. There's no way around it. Anything outside of that routine just feels cold.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I know it is very cold here too, but it is supposed to be in the 40s and 50s this weekend! I also finally have motivation to go to the gym now that it is actually light out at 5 pm when I drive home from work.