March 23, 2009

Absolutely No Motivation

Does anyone else out there hate their job? I do HR work at my small company, and I wasn't really looking to do HR work. I just sort of fell into it. It's been almost 1 year since I started, and I would grade myself at a "D" for the work I've done. I was never officially trained on anything, and I don't have any passion for this work. Meeting with insurance brokers and filing worker's comp claims isn't my cup of tea.

What else can someone do in this economy? It's not like I can just quit and find work anywhere. I make pretty good money for my age even with my pay cut. What's out there? I would love to move out of state; however, I just bought my first home. This stuff gets tricky. I don't really know what to do. If I find work elsewhere and leave my family business, I'll probably be cut out of my dad's will.

No comments: