March 23, 2010

Family Business


There's been some updates on the family business front. In order to secure a new SBA stimulus loan, my father's company needs to be bought out by my brothers and me. We'd have a good chance of getting the loan if we were minority owned, so my dad wants my step-mother and me to own 51% and have my brothers own 49%.

I talked with my father about this last week, but I haven't heard any updates on it since then.

This deal would pass the debt of a failing business from my father, aunt, and uncle onto my brothers and me. Because of that, my brothers all want conditions met before agreeing to it. Two of them want raises. The other wants to hire on friends of his. I told my father that I would like a job there but NOT working under him.

I'm in a strange position because I am on unemployment.  I'm not about to take a risky job that might have low pay or bad hours. I'm not that desperate...yet. Going back to the Company would almost feel like I failed at making it on my own. Truth is, I haven't been on my own yet with this unemployment.

Location : Pingree Grove, IL,

No comments: