November 2, 2008

Trying To Be Social on Meetup.com

A co-worker of mine told me about all the fun things he does after work and on weekends.  Knowing that he just moved here from out of state, I had to ask how he already had such a wide social network.  He then told me about meetup.com.  He uses it to find people nearby with similar interests.  He goes biking, plays frizbee, and has garage band meetups with absolute strangers.

I decided to give this website a try.  I currently belong to two different groups of people that don't really live near my home.  My zip code produced very little results, so I had to expand my search range.  I'm excited at the idea of finally having things to do with people who have the time and money to do them. No more will I sit and wait for old high school friends to remember my phone number.  I'll keep you posted on how this Meetup website works as the weeks progress.

No comments: