November 11, 2008

Waiting on Change


Since Obama's win, I have been eager to see what changes would immediately come about throughout this country. Other than the drop in gas prices, there hasn't been a whole lot of good. I thought the stock market would jump up. It hasn't. I thought business would pick up. It hasn't.

I know things like that take time, but there was a sense that once the election was over, people could again concentrate on their lives. The fear of the unknown was somehow preventing anyone from spending their budgets, buying homes, and investing again.

Our business is still slow. We had a talk yesterday about what we'll all do if this place ever goes under. I know for sure that I'm running away with my boyfriend. I will do everything in my power to help this place become profitable, but I just don't know how our small business is going to make it in this dying economy. In past economic downturns, we've somehow hunkered down and survived. Now, our business is already in the middle of a transitional period, and I just don't think we're going to make it.

No comments: