July 27, 2009

Marriage Talks Continue



The bf and I have reopened the marriage topic once again. I don't want a wedding with all the forced traditions. I just want a good marriage, happy family, and good people around me. Cash is always welcome.

Basically, we need rings, a license, and to figure out a location. The bf wants us to be with his family for Christmas this year which I'm all for. Even though we didn't want another long roadtrip, I'm afraid it's the only way during this economy. I want to be married on a date in November, but I'm going to keep that secret right now. My ultimate dream would be to have both our families meet beforehand. My parents don't really travel due to various disabilities, but I don't want to force the bf's family to travel.

Also, I want a destination elopement. In November, my entire state is far too cold. Where would we go? We have very little money. As far as rings go, we are recycling my great grandmother's heirloom. I want to use her wedding band and reset the engagement ring. The engagement ring is a 3 carat round diamond circled by very small diamond chips. I want the center stone reset with two sapphire sidestones on a platinum band. The smaller chips match the wedding band, so I want them used on the bf's wedding band to bring everything full circle.

Did I mention I'm loving Lady Gaga right now. Paparazzi and Love Game are faboosh. Also, Taylor Swift's new album sounds great as well as Keith Urban's new song, "I Wanna Kiss a Girl."

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Aw congrats! Check out expedia.com -- there are great deals going on right now :)