March 28, 2011

15 Week Old Baby

My little sunbather
My son is roughly 15 weeks and 2 days old. I had to do a ticker to figure that out! I've grown accustom to just saying 3.5 months old. With pregnancy and early mommy-hood, I really obsessed over the weekly counts. Everything is moving like a blur now. Each day, my son is doing something new. I can't keep up.

Our baby book hasn't been updated for his 3 months. I'll try to log what I can remember in this blog, so I can reference it again later.

Let's see, by three months he was laughing in short chuckles, smiling with a big toothless grin, and making occasional sounds. He had started to fall into a more recognizable pattern throughout the day. He was going to bed around 1am and officially getting out of bed around 9am. The wakeups still vary throughout the night. He's awake in the morning with a diaper change, feeding, clothing change, and some playtime either in our arms or with toys on the playmat. There's a nap that follows, and he was usually getting driven to/from daycare throughout the day. At night, he'd sleep until around 7pm, then he'd be up for the duration of the evening. Anytime he fussed, we'd try to feed him. He was pooping about once every 1-2 days. We even started him on some infant oatmeal. That video is below:



He's had a slight tasting of mint ice cream on his lip as well as his mouth around the peak of a Hersey's kiss. I know...I'm a horrible person! (she says sarcastically)

By Brycen's 4th month, I can report that his smiles happen all the time. I can even get him to smile when he's trying so very hard to fuss. It goes from crying to smiling back to crying again. He recently picked up the ability to say "ahhhhhhh" very loudly and repeat it for 30+ minutes.  During his overnight feedings where he used to finish a bottle and flail back to sleep, he now "ahhhhh's" before settling down. Lucky for him, we think it's cute and it brings a smile to our tired faces.

Here's a video of the talking:




During this month, we try to give him one feeding of oatmeal with a spoon per day. We'll occasionally put some oats into his bottles, but that's not a regular thing at all. I let him put his tongue on a ruffled potato chip, and he made a face of distaste followed by a huge smile. He makes my heart sing...

Just recently, I've been able to get him to smile by saying Peekaboo! Even if I'm not hiding, I can say it and usually bring a smile to his face. Daddy has tried, but his voice apparently doesn't get high enough to prompt the smile.

Here's that video:




I am so blessed to have this little man as MY son. My husband and I are still in disbelief over who and what we created together. I don't know why God chose to give us such a wonderful child, but my plan is to raise him to be a man of great moral character. With our genetics, I expect him to be intelligent and attractive. ;) Making sure he knows how much his daddy and I love him will be my new life goal.

No comments: