April 7, 2011

My New Hobby: Getting Baby to Smile

I know it's lame, but getting my son to grin at me is my favorite new activity! I don't know if it's emotions or perhaps the way I was raised (in a broken home), but when I'm alone with B and he smiles, I get teary eyed. Luckily, he just sees me smiling and ignores the tears running down my face. I honestly don't want to cry when he smiles, but each time it hits me with such a force. He's all mine. He was a gift from God. Somehow, he chose me to be his mommy.

I really believe he chose my hubby and I to be his parents. I prayed for him before we started trying to conceive. I prayed for our future child to choose us when he/she felt we were ready to be parents. He timed everything perfectly considering we share the same birthday.

No matter how unhappy I might be with my current living situation, I let it all fall away when I look at my son. Sometimes, his look back to me makes me wonder if he's looking through his infant eyes with an adult mind. I wonder sometimes if perhaps when we die, we're allowed to go back in time to look out into our old memories --sort of like time traveling. When he looks deeply into my eyes, he could easily be trying to see what his mom was like when she first started being a parent.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: