January 4, 2009

Planet Earth & Partying

I'm watching Planet Earth on Discovery Channel as I type this latest blog. We just witnessed a Great White Shark jump straight out of the sea to snatch up a poor seal. Today was relatively unproductive for me personally. I have some work to do before I go back tomorrow morning; it mainly involves a head start on Monday morning reports and some payroll journal adjustments. Getting it done tonight saves me some time tomorrow.

I went out Friday night and saw, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button." I think the movie was great. I was curious to see how the special effects and makeup team would try and get Brad Pitt to appear old and then finally very young. The movie felt long, and it ended terribly sad. I was thankful of my winter scarf which doubled as a teardrop cloth. The movie night was with friends. We met up with another friend after the movie, and I returned home feeling like I actually had some friends in my life.

The following day was busy and ended with a friend coming over for drinks. I made a Lunchbox drink which needs beer, Amaretto, and orange juice. We liked the drinks enough, but I can't say that I'd make another batch anytime soon. I probably made them wrong knowing me. While walking outside, we discovered that our nearby neighbors had very poor window coverings in their bedroom. It was the first time I had ever witnessed sex between two other people in my life other than on tv/websites. I'm half thinking I should write them a short note explaining the need for thicker blinds.

Finally, my boyfriend and I met up with friends and family for breakfast this morning. I haven't had so much social activity in months!

No comments: