January 15, 2009

Taking A Half-Day

I emailed my work letting them know that I would not be in today until Noon.  It was 15 below freezing this morning, and I absolutely felt like crap.  Work is getting more and more stressful.  Yesterday, I made the decision to reprimand an employee for not following the rules.  It wasn't a write-up.  I just sent him an email reminding him of our policy.  Instead of following that policy, he went to the owner and had the rules changed just for him.  I got into a huge fight with the owner because he undermined my decision and make me look bad.  He said he trusted my decisions, but he had to step it when I made bad ones. 

This sparked an all out verbal argument between me, him, and three other managers about how he's running our company into the ground.  He keeps asking me when I'm going to use my management degree to help with my job and it pisses me off so much. 

I don't think getting paid very little to work at a company going under should be so stressful. Either I'm going to own the company, or you cannot trust my decisions.  If I'm just there so you don't have to pay the full wage of my replacement, then let me know now.  Please!

No comments: