June 8, 2009

More Pay Cuts

Well, business is going downhill fast. I wrote a while back about the mandatory 10% cuts in our pay. Now, we're officially forced to take 1 day off per week or basically a 20% pay cut. All these cuts together are cutting my pay officially to 28%. I've canceled my life insurance policy which was basically a sham. It automatically took $100.00 out of my checking account each month. I've paid off a Dell computer balance which I was setting aside about $205.00 in my savings account for the interest free financing. Now that it's paid off, I have that money back in my account. I need to start focusing now on cutting back my spending. We're still going out to eat far too often. The Texas vacation is over, so it's time to buckle down and eat at home. I think I've finally started losing some weight. For the most part, I've at least stopped the gaining of weight. We aren't eating pizza each week. The bf has stopped baking brownies every two weeks. We still have snacks and such, but we've really cut back on the cravings for dessert and fatty foods. If I'm not hungry, I don't eat. It's working out well. Now, I just need to find an additional income source.

No comments: