September 13, 2009

RIP Karol H.

My best friend's mom died tragically yesterday morning. She was 54 years old. I spent endless weekends at my friend's house growing up, so her family is my family. Her mom took a nasty fall onto her face which broke blood vessels behind her eye and into her brain. This wasn't something anyone could have predicted or sensed. I was in complete shock when my friend called me with the news. I broke down in tears and convulsions. My fiancé and I raced out to the hospital she was airlifted to. I just needed to be with my friend and her family. We spent the rest of the day crying and remembering Karol. Friends drove in from far away to be with my friend, Ashley, today.

It's a truly sad chapter in our lives, and I wish there was something I could do to help their family get through this pain.

No comments: