August 28, 2009

Up at 4:00 am

So, I'm up a little bit earlier than necessary today. I just saw the Fiance off to work, and I figured I'd do a little updating before getting showered and ready for "work". I already left a comment in my last post in reply to the drama. My "pretty beach elopement" has grown legs and run off on me. My future sister-in-law wanted to throw me a bachelorette party. I told her that I'm really against the idea and purpose of bachelor and bachelorette parties. So, we agreed to do a mutual party with everyone including dinner and drinks out at a bar. To help iron out the details, she asked if I wanted to meet for coffee this weekend. I would love to meet for coffee to go over this stuff since I really only see her when she's around my brother. Well, rather than ironing out details then, she logged onto Gtalk to start asking who's invited, what time, where we're going....etc.

So, she didn't outwardly say it, but I think she was trying to avoid doing something on Saturday. We've tried hanging out before, and it never works out in the end. There was a time she agreed to go to a meeting with a local "Ladies Social Group," that I was somewhat scared to do alone. I got showered, dressed, started working on my hair and wham! She canceled 1 hour beforehand via text message.

So, I just feel extremely weird with every detail of this marriage plan. It wasn't even my idea to have this party, it was her's. Why would you offer to plan a party for someone you're afraid to hang out with??

So yeah. I over-analyze everything all the time. I know that. My future sister-in-law just confuses me. She asked me to be one of her bridesmaids, and I originally said no due to my social anxiety issues (which are majorly affecting my ceremony). She got upset that I said no and was being rude to me and my fiance soon after my "no thanks." So, I'm taking depression meds and working on putting myself out there more. I met her in person and told her I would be honored to be her bridesmaid if the offer still stood. She jumped up and down and said YES and was excited.

Then, about 4 weeks later, I get a text from her asking if I'm still interested in doing it and that it's ok if I don't want to do it anymore. I hate repeating myself, and I hate that she didn't take me seriously when we were talking about the bridesmaid decision. This is just one example of her re-asking me for details, which I've previously thought we both already discussed.

Sorry, I guess this is a venting post. It all started with me waking up around 4am for no reason and then seeing the Facebook message which is referenced in the previous post's comment box.

I should probably log off and take a chill pill. Have a great day!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

As far as you being her bridesmaid -- this comes up a lot on wedding message boards lol. She may just be being a bridezilla & think you don't care about her special day for some stupid reason -- just ignore her, order the dress & stand up with her on her wedding day (that is all that is required).

As far as your wedding, just be firm with people. Tell them exactly what you are comfortable with & who you are comfortable doing it with. If they don't listen then just say "i'm glad you want to help, but i'd rather not/i'd like to handle it on my own".