August 8, 2009

Gift Registry

The bf and I just registered at Bed Bath & Beyond at his mom's request. We made the mistake of bringing my best friend with, and she grew bored within 15 minutes of us looking through the dinnerware section. Couples should definitely go about scanning registry items alone.

I morally had a problem going to BBB. Everything there is completely overpriced. I completely went through the entire bedding department without scanning anything. The bf and my friend had to force me to use the scan gun on an $80 picture frame I liked. Once I saw the pricetag, I couldn't imagine anyone wasting that kind of money on it.

One big benefit to BBB is that anything purchased off our registry can be returned for cash. So if someone buys that one plate out of the entire set we picked out, we can just return it and buy plates elsewhere.

When we got home, I logged into the website and started adding and removing items. I changed the bedding completely. We also couldn't find ANY dishes that matched our tastes. The website had so much more to choose from.

We don't want to tell our friends and family about the registry until we're at least engaged. Considering we aren't inviting people to a wedding, I doubt we'll really get much.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

haha I've been engaged for 8 months & still did not register. you can always do an amazon.com registry and basically register for whatever you want. good thing about bbb is that you can use those 20% coupons & they have an awesome return policy. maybe you guys could have a party/reception when you get back :)