August 6, 2009

I Found THE Dress!

I honor of Amanda's blog, I thought I'd copy her idea to show off my dress. I tried on 5 yesterday and walked out of the store with my very own gown! In my head, I had always wanted a white dress. I found one I liked online and it was discontinued and only available in ivory. So, I made an appointment to see just how ivory it was.

As it turns out, I didn't buy the original dress, but I tried on a bunch of ivory dresses. The 5th dress I tried on was white, and by that point, the ivory looked white to me and the white looked too blue-ish. So, here's MY dress, dress #4.


So, I'm getting married on a beach and it'll be very low key. I saw pro photos of other ceremonies on the beach that I'm going to, Malibu Beach, and the girls with real gowns looks so beautiful. My idea of buying a cheap, white sundress just wasn't an option anymore.

This dress will have the pick-up bustle on the back end to keep it from dragging through sand.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Love the dress! Are you getting married in Cali?? Malibu is REALLY nice :) Ahh...with all my wedding drama I wish I ran off to a beach & got married too lol. :) You have to take many, many pictures. Do you have a date in mind yet?

Steph said...

Malibu Beach to be exact. The date is 11/10/09 because I love sequences, and I guess the Marine Corps were formed on 11/10.