June 25, 2010

15 Weeks and We Know the Baby's Gender!

This is a 4D ultrasound image of the baby. They are called 3D and 4D, but 4D is just 3D with the use of orange coloring to make it look more realistic. The baby's head has placenta blocking part of it from this angle, so it looks like hair or perhaps a nice palm frond. We were able to find out the gender within the first 5 minutes, and the last 10 minutes was really just watching the baby move and dance in the 3D view.

The baby kept swinging its arms up to its mouth and back. At one point, we saw the baby punch its fist out. I obviously couldn't feel that. I have been feeling the baby move for over a week now. Seeing it move so much confirmed my guesses about the new sensations.

The baby movements feel like electrical shocks popping inside. I don't really feel flutters or inner brushings like many women describe. It just feels electrical to me. Technically, I still don't really feel like a baby is in there. Seeing the 3D made it so much more real. Knowing the gender has given my husband and I many happy thoughts.

We went out and bought alphabet letters in wood to spell the baby's name in the nursery. I'm painting the letters dark brown. The letters will be inside a frame. Behind the letters it'll be cream colored and have green stenciled leaves to match the baby crib set. HERE's a link to the crib set.  I've already done one coat on the letters and the background. Stenciling will be last.

Finding out the gender was such a big moment for us, and I'm so glad we know now. I know who is inside of my belly, and I can look at babies at the swimming pool or in the grocery store of the same gender and dream of what my little one will look like. We didn't cry like others thought we would. I had my glasses on, and it was a dark room. The last thing I wanted was tears blocking my vision of this little person swimming inside of me.

For more information on our gender reveal idea, click HERE.

No comments: