September 23, 2010

1st Baby Shower Was a Success

Giant Baby Shower Cupcake To Go!Image by clevercupcakes via Flickr
My husband and I drove several states away to attend our first baby shower. This shower featured members of my husband's family. Since his family is more scattered throughout the US, several members flew in to help celebrate with us.

I don't know how my husband felt, but I was shocked at how many gifts we received for our son. There was so much thought and love put into everything for the shower. I was able to meet some more family members, and I was physically feeling great too.

Our son's nursery is now fully loaded with boxes and baby shower bags. There's barely enough room to walk. We're not really opening much or washing clothing until after the second shower. We want to make sure we don't get double items without proper receipts.

Our next shower is on October 2nd. That shower will have all my friends and family. My two sisters-in-law are throwing it, and I can't wait to see everyone. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Anne said...

Yay fun! Congrats!! I loved my baby showers too - I think they're the best part of being pregnant (besides, you know, the baby :).

Amanda said...

YAY! I love baby showers! They are so joyful and happy! I hope your next is just as great. :)