August 22, 2011

It Feels like Another Boy Pregnancy

Baby Boy
Call me crazy, but I feel like this pregnancy might produce another boy. I've recently had some eerie thoughts that have been matched by real life events. Just this morning, I was ticked off that my SIL's status message song lyrics were stuck in my head. I decided to turn the car radio on to get a new song stuck instead. Guess what? That same song was blaring on the first station that came on! I couldn't escape it. Also, I have moments of complete and utter silence at home while playing with my son. Then, I'll immediately think about my husband and BOOM, my cell phone's blaring with a notification that my hubby is chatting with me!

Physically, I'm just feeling very masculine on the inside again. Last pregnancy, I was hoping for a girl and didn't know if I was feeling my hopes or feeling the opposite. This time around, my opinions on gender are pretty much 50/50. The only fear I have is finding out there's more than one baby in there. Let's not even think about that right now. If we find out it's a girl, I'll know that my intuition is horribly off. We'll scramble to find girly things and mentally prepare ourselves for kids of both sexes. If my intuition is right and it's a boy, I will then turn my imagination on full throttle, so I can start imagining how similar and different he'll be from my first son.

I did a baking soda gender pee test. You put baking soda in a glass at the bottom and you pour some of your pee on top and give it a swirl. If you're a girl and not pregnant, it won't fizz. If you're a boy, it'll fizz. If you're pregnant with a boy, it'll fizz. If you're pregnant with a girl, it won't fizz. It's an old wives tale, but I didn't mind trying out something free. My mom tested the girl theory, and her's didn't fizz. My hubby tested the boy theory, and his fizzed. I did the test and got lots of fizz like a Coke can. My hubby's cousin also took the test. She's two weeks behind me in pregnancy and also got fizz. They have a daughter who just turned one, so she is hoping for a little boy to add to the family. She's super excited that it fizzed, and I'm more blasé with it. I pretty much expected it to fizz. LOL This pregnancy had some differences early on from my last, but now it's feeling more similar. My cravings for dairy are back with a vengeance.  My calves are starting to hurt if I walk too fast. I'm tired, but I don't nap nearly as much as I did last year. Last year, I was unemployed with no children. I was able to nap all day long every day of the summer.

We won't know gender until some time in October. We're planning a trip to visit my husband's family, and we were considering revealing the gender to them in some creative capacity. Last year, they missed every big announcement because we live states away. I figured, it would be nice to let them be the first to know.

No comments: