July 8, 2010

It's a Boy!

We found out we're having a little boy! The ultrasound clearly shows his little winky. In the ultrasound, we saw his little behind and his thigh bones. His winky is in between and accented by an arrow.

There were no tears during this discovery. My husband and I were just fascinated with the news and with seeing our baby again. If parents had access to an ultrasound machine everyday (and if it were safe), we'd use one everyday to see the baby again.

Brycen was jumping around like crazy during the 15 minute ultrasound visit. I know several women who have gone to check gender and had to go home without answers because the baby was blocking the view. Our little man had no problem showing us his goods.

On July 4th, we brought our gender cupcakes to the annual family reunion. My mom basically made everything for the cupcakes. I just put the flags in. For more information on the cupcakes, click HERE. The cupcake idea went extremely well. I don't have pictures of the reveal because I was filming it with my camera. I'm making a DVD for Bryce to watch when he's older to see what his parents were like and what his family thought of him while I was pregnant.Everyone present had to guess boy or girl while I did a rolling film. Once all the guesses were recorded, everyone bit into their cupcakes and shouted, "BOY!"

Reception has been good. I think finding out gender early is a great thing. It makes it easier to picture how our lives will change in 5 months. I added more things to our baby registry to help remove some yellow/green items. I want him here now, but we aren't ready yet. The "nursery" is a disaster. The house is a danger zone. I should probably be cherishing these last few months before my life changes forever. Unfortunately, I would give anything to change my life right now. I'm the perfect candidate for a life change.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Anne said...

Congrats!! I know things might feel chaotic right now, but it'll all be worth it, I promise.

Anyway, I have an award for you at my blog! go check it out!
http://theboredmommy.blogspot.com