October 8, 2010

2nd Baby Shower Was Amazing

Baby Shower Giraffe Cake
Our second baby shower was held on Saturday, October 2nd. This party was located in our state and the guests were all my family and friends. We had a rather large turnout, and our son made out like a bandit with gifts and love.

I'm having some slight problems acquiring photos from my sisters-in-law. I took some pictures of the decorations and such before anyone really arrived, but I really wish I could have the images of me and guests.

This shower was co-ed, but the only men were my husband, brothers, and father. I was fortunate enough to have my mom there and my step-mother NOT there. My step-mother does not get along well with anyone in our family (except my father). So, she decided to boycott the entire event. While she thought she was hurting my feelings, it was quite the opposite. There was cheering and high-fives abound for everyone!

The theme of the party was giraffes to coincide with our nursery theme. The cake was a giraffe. There were giraffe plates, balloons, and banners. It was amazing how many giraffes my sisters-in-law were able to find for this. They really put in a lot of time and money for this shower, so I am truly indebted to them. I'm hopeful that one of the two will get pregnant within the next year. Both have their reasons for waiting, but I can wish, can't I?
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

Anne Prado said...

Congrats!! Enjoy feeling loved, and don't keep yourself from feeling any of it. People have issues but they can still love you, A LOT. I'm sure all of your family is excited about the baby! I hope this is a bond that unites all of you.

Amanda said...

YAY so glad everything went so well! I LOVE the giraffe theme...very cute!

Stephanie said...

What a sweet theme! Glad it went well:)