October 16, 2010

I went to the Oprah Show!

Me at the Oprah Winfrey Show outside Harpo Studios
I've already done a quick summary of my trip to the Oprah Show. I've mentioned before on my blog that my mom and I are not very close. However, she invited me to go to the Oprah Show taping when she was given two tickets by a neighbor.

Here's my summary

My episode will air on October 19th.

Pre-show
We got there and had to stand in line for a while. My mom and I were pulled from our 4 person party due to my pregnancy. I was allowed to sit in the first floor waiting area (reserved for obese, pregnant, and/or handicapped individuals). Our purses were checked and cell phones/cameras had to be removed. It was so hard going through this process without being able to take pictures or update my fb status. lol Certain groups of people were seated first. These were studio audience guests that had written into Oprah requesting to see Susan Boyle, etc. They were all super fans. Our handicapper group went next followed by all the healthy people that were waiting 3 flights upstairs.We were told by other people waiting in line what the show's topic was - Susan Boyle. I wasn't too excited about it. I'm not a fan of Susan Boyles, and I was hoping for an episode featuring some big scandal or celebrity interview. The A taping in the morning was a serious episode featuring Tyler Perry. I would have preferred that show.


Seating
The audience area is always smaller in real life than what it looks like on TV. We were seated in the back, upper sections (which aren't very far away or high up). I'm wearing a turquoise, stripped maternity top and am sitting with a rail to my left. I'm right next to an aisle/entrance. The choir that sang in the first performance came out right next to me. Hopefully, I'll be on camera due to that. Oprah interviewed everyone from the right end of the stage. We sat on the opposite end with the guests.

Taping Experience
I went to the Oprah Show taping today. The theme was about "The Next Big Thing" (I think). The first guest was Susan Boyle. She sang, "Don't Dream It's Over," off her upcoming album The Gift. There was a children's choir that came out with her. It was pretty cool. Susan looks great physically. Her accent was cute, and her green corset dress made it hard for her to sit in her chair for the interview.

The second guest was the 10 year old girl from America's Got Talent, Jackie Evancho. Her performance was AMAZING. She was awesome and cute.

The third interview/performance was Debby Boone. She sang, "You Light Up My Life."

We were then told that Oprah had to record herself for the Daily Show with Jon Stewart (AIRING TONIGHT 10/14!). She'll be on with a black dress and diamond collar. Anyway, we were told to all laugh hysterically as if we heard the best joke in the world. So, if you tune in tonight at 10pm CST, you'll hear us all laughing.What are we laughing at? No clue!

During Oprah's speech to the Daily Show, she told the camera that everyone in Jon's audience would get the new XBOX 360 4GB Kinect bundle. I heard that and got bummed. Then, a second later, she said that everyone in her audience would be getting one as well. That's when the real cheering came up. We'll be getting the XBOX's shipped to our homes in November due to the release date being 11/4. My husband is a very happy camper with this.

Oprah in Person
Oprah was amazing. She came out with makeup/hair/dress all done. She was carrying around her high heels because she didn't want to wear them until she had to. Since she was already mic'd, we could hear everything she said. She was talking about her feet being a size 11. She was charasmatic and funny. She talked about her last episode for the final season and how everyone would be crying. She joked that she wouldn't cry because she'd pop a Valium to chill out. During each stage change and break, she's engage the audience with a joke or story. At some point, she left and promised to come back. Everyone cheered upon her arrival, and she said, "Everyone's gotta pee at some point!" She was great. The entire time we saw Oprah, she had a smile on her face and a wonderful, positive attitude. AND, she looks just as good in person as she does on TV.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Anne said...

Ah JEALOUS!!!!! Glad you had fun tho :).