June 27, 2011

The Belly That Won't Quit

I've come to the surprising conclusion that my body is different after becoming a mother. ;( While I may be getting closer to my prepregnancy weight, my belly still looks and feels like a spare tire. Before, it was easier to suck in and didn't pop out so much on the sides.

With my current weight loss, my pants are getting looser in the legs but are still tight around the middle. I don't quite understand it. Yes, of course I understand how stomach muscles get stretched and all that. It feels more like fat than like loose muscle. My pants are either falling down or rolling down all day due to this reverse hourglass.

 I will continue to lessen my food intake each day, but I'm going to try and cover up this belly situation somehow. I have a sister-in-law who likes to tell me about how big her sister is after having twins. I can't help but wonder what my family says about me. :(

1 comment:

Dawn Lucille said...

I hear ya on the loose belly. It seems that no matter how much I've lost, my tummy is so saggy and loose. Which sucks cause I know that if I was at this weight not having a baby my stomach would be tighter and flatter. No matter how much I suck it in, it's still so saggy :(