June 13, 2011

My Weight History and Progress

One of my goals before even considering another pregnancy is to get my body back to a weight under my last pregnancy. Even before TTC for Brycen, I was well overweight.

May 2010: I was 196 lbs at 9 weeks pregnant. At 12 weeks pregnant, I had dropped to 192 lbs. Although I don't know my true pre-pregnancy weight, I base my calculations on the earliest recorded weight, or 196 lbs.

December 2010: I maxed out at 242 lbs during my last doctor's appointment before Brycen's birth. The appointment was approximately 5 days before he arrived, but that was my last recorded weight.

January 2011: My 6 week post partum checkup clocked me in at 210 lbs. During this time, I resized my wedding rings from size 7 to size 8.

June 2011: I am sitting at 200 lbs. It feels so good to be within 4 lbs of my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm supposed to eat around 1200 calories per day, however I am usually over that amount.  I roughly burn about 2000 calories a day, so any consumed calories less than 2000 helps me go down on the scale. I've also noticed my wedding rings are getting looser and easier to remove. I fit into pre-pregnancy jeans, but my stomach is larger than it was last year. The muscles are stretched out, and that won't change without some serious ab strength training. I'm going to focus on shedding pounds before I tackle that hurdle.

BMI: My BMI is roughly 27.9. I need to be less than 25 in order to be "normal" and not "overweight".

I'm actually glad to write about this topic. I think it helps keep me honest and motivated. We won't be making another baby anytime soon, so as long as I stay on this lower calorie plan, I will be at a safe weight range for the next pregnancy. Ideally, I'd like to be under 175 lbs, but I need to set realistic and smaller goals. Baby steps, if you will...

No comments: