June 25, 2011

My Husband's Clone: My Son

Brycen Watching TV
I must admit, every time I hear someone tell me my son looks like my husband, I get all warm and fuzzy inside. I don't know if that's a normal reaction to such statements, but it feels good to know that all the traits I find attractive about my husband have passed onto his son. When my husband is working 12 hour days, it's good to be reminded of him when my son stops paying attention to me because the t.v. is on. (poor me!)

 I took this picture to capture his ability to zone out during t.v. time (just like Daddy) and to capture his Daddy-esque profile. I can't get enough of this little man. I can't believe he's almost 7 months old. He's recently prone to clinging to us while we carry him.

It feels so validating as a parent to have your child actually hug you back. When I go to put him down for a nap or a diaper change, I have to face the reality that he's squeezing onto me somewhere ---and I love it!

No comments: