August 29, 2010

I Love My Supportive Husband

My husband is working and working and working to help us stay afloat. Aside from the fact that he has a high paying job, he signs up for overtime (OT) whenever he can. Luckily, his employer ALWAYS has OT available. When my husband isn't working at his regular job, he likes to referee young football players (ages 4-9). Reffing small children is easy because they aren't strict with regulations. My husband gets in some solid exercise and comes home with a nice tan from being outside.

When my husband isn't earning money, he's at home getting things ready for Bryce's arrival. Rooms are getting cleaner, dogs are getting exercised, groceries are getting purchased. I really don't know when my husband actually sleeps!

We were run ragged yesterday. I had a big family breakfast while my husband was reffing. After that, we went with friends to Edwards Apple Orchard for some apple-cider donuts and cold apple cider. We were asked to stop by my aunt and uncle's home to visit some relatives that were in town from out of state. Immediately following that, we had dinner plans with family and birthday bowling until 11pm with the same group. I literally thought I was going to die by the end of the night. My legs were swollen. My voice was gone. My stomach hurt (tightness). I just wanted to climb into bed and not get back up.

Yesterday was probably the busiest day my husband and I have ever had. We're normally homebodies and never included in anything. While it was great to be booked for the day, it took a lot of work and stress on my part to get family together. I can't take that responsibility on each week. So, this week may or may not be a family-free week.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: