August 20, 2010

Nursery Cleaning Day!

A rocking chairImage via Wikipedia
My husband had two days off from work, and I asked him as a special project if he'd go into our "nursery" and clean it out. As a reward, I would give him a surprise. He divided the cleaning between his two days off, and the room is ready to go! Prior to the cleaning, our old office was filled with clutter and junk. We live in a two-bedroom condo, and we would place objects into the second bedroom when we didn't know where to put them.

The room was so bad that I couldn't even walk into it without wanting to scream. There was no clean floor space, and there was no rhyme or reason to the organization of the room. I couldn't find anything I needed. So, I didn't know where to start. I hoped and prayed that my husband would take charge and tackle the mess. Luckily, he was up to the challenge.

I won't take a picture of the room in it's newly cleaned state because there's not much to it. The walls are a medium olive green. There's some paintings from our aunt's gallery hanging on the walls. There's two dressers loaded with baby-related gear, and there's a lonely rocking chair in the corner.

Crib furniture, curtains, decorations, etc. all need to be purchases still. Once I have most of the items I need for the "nursery" to become a nursery, I will post an updated picture.




As a reward, my husband will now be receiving Halo: Reach on its release date. The game isn't cheap, but it's well worth his effort.











Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Annd said...

Ah I miss preparing the nursery... Just the joy of antecipation is so exciting!! :) Hope you have fun with that!

Oh, and THANKS for the comments on my blog, I really enjoyed them! (and responded them on each post)