August 26, 2010

Pregnancy Sleep Isn't Easy

Bed made with white bed linen. Four fluffy pil...Image via Wikipedia
So, I actually woke myself up this morning with a large, snoring snarf! It was as if I was dreaming about snorting and actually did it in real life. My husband claimed he didn't hear me snoring like a chainsaw, but there's just too much evidence to back it up. My throat was extremely sore. I also think I inhaled a dog hair or something because my allergies kicked into overdrive. I'm doing this short little blog post while my Benadryl starts taking effect.

Aside from needing to pee during the night, my biggest problem involves positioning my body comfortably. I have a big body pillow to curl up to in the center of our bed. Once my body naturally wants to roll over, I either get stuck and wake up, or I somehow end up on my back. It's extremely difficult to turn and face the opposite direction.

Also, now that I'm pregnant, I have a tendency to put my arms over my head while lying on my back. Pre-pregnancy, I didn't sleep on my back at all. I most certainly didn't put my arms up by the wall.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Anne said...

Ditto to everything you said! This was EXACTLY how it was for me during pregnancy - snoring included! :) Except that my husband did know about it very much haha. 'Til this day I still like sleeping on my back with my hands up...

Gotta go, baby's crying, but thanks for the comments - will answer them on the posts as soon as Melissa lets me!

Amanda said...

I have the hardest time sleeping while pregnant. Sometimes I don' even want to go to bed because I know it will only be a night of tossing and turning. One more reason I am looking forward to having my body back again. If I remember correctly the third trimester was the worst for sleeping. :(